UV flatbed printers are becoming more and more popular due to their high-quality prints, low cost of ownership, and wide range of applications. Here's what you need to know about them.
What are UV flatbed printers?
UV flatbed printers are a type of digital printer that uses ultraviolet or UV light to cure or "dry" inks as they are printed. This curing process allows for a wide variety of materials to be printed on, including plastic, glass, metal, and even wood. UV flatbed printers are some of the most versatile digital printers on the market and can be used for a wide variety of applications.
What are the benefits of UV flatbed printing?
There are many benefits to using a UV flatbed printer, including:
- Increased durability. The UV curing process makes prints more resistant to scratches, fading, and water damage.
- Higher quality. With the ability to print at higher resolutions, UV flatbed printers produce prints that are sharper and more detailed than those from other types of digital printers.
- Greater versatility. As mentioned above, UV flatbed printers can print on a wide variety of materials, including those that are difficult or impossible to print on with other types of digital printers.
- Low cost. UV flatbed printers are typically less expensive to operate than other types of digital printers, making them a more cost-effective option for businesses.
UV flatbed printers are versatile and offer many benefits to anyone that needs to print.
Why are UV printers better than traditional printers?
Ink takes quite a bit of time to dry with traditional printers which limit the material that they can be used to print upon to paper products and fabric items, like t-shirts. The ink from a traditional printer simply would not dry if printed onto a ceramic cup due to the slick surface.
UV flatbed printers, on the other hand, use UV light to instantly cure the ink as it is printed thereby expanding the printable options immensely.
Who uses UV flatbed printers?
UV flatbed printers are used by a wide variety of businesses and individuals, including:
- Graphic designers. UV flatbed printers create high-quality prints that are resistant to fading and scratches, which is especially appealing to graphic designers because it means their prints will last longer.
- Sign makers. The durability and versatility of UV flatbed printers make them ideal for sign-making applications.
- Large format printers. Large format printers often use UV flatbed printers because of their ability to print on a wide variety of materials.
- Promotional product businesses. Businesses that sell promotional products, such as mugs and keychains, often use UV flatbed printers to print their designs onto the products.
If you're in need of a high-quality, versatile printer that can print on a wide range of materials, UV flatbed printers are the way to go.